If you would like to volunteer at the 2018 SAFE Benefit Horse Show, we would love to have you join us! The SAFE Show has earned its reputation as one of the funnest and best run horse shows of the region because of its great volunteer staff. So if you want to be part of a terrific volunteer experience, you’ve come to the right place!!
Why volunteer at the SAFE Show?
- You’ll have a LOT of fun, and you’ll be helping a great cause: the horses of SAFE!
- We’ll keep you well fed and well hydrated while you’re working at the show!
- You get a cool T-Shirt to wear and keep!
Volunteer Needs and Requirements
There are plenty of options to help out at the SAFE Show depending on your availability and experience:
- Arena Crews. These are the volunteers who will be running the different competition areas. To maintain consistency throughout the show day, we are asking Arena Crew volunteers to commit to working all day in their assigned areas. Each Arena Crew will have a Crew Leader and a Judge to direct the team. Exact hours may vary depending on which Arena Crew you end up assigned to. You will get a lunch break, and we’ll help keep you well rested and hydrated throughout the day.
There are seven Arena Crews. On Saturday, there is the Western Arena Crew, Hunter Arena Crew, and NAWD In Hand Arena Crew. On Sunday, there are two Dressage Arena Crews, the English Arena Crew, and the Trails Arena Crew.
Arena Crew jobs include Ring Stewards, Gate Keepers, and Scribes.
- Show Staffers. These volunteers perform vitally important show duties that require less training or experience. Show Staffers include Greeters, Runners, Volunteer Hospitality staff, Poop Patrol, and SAFE Booth volunteers. Many of these jobs are kid-friendly, and require less of a time commitment.
- Set Up Crew. Able bodied volunteers are needed to help set up for the show on Friday afternoon. This includes unloading, hanging signs & banners, putting up pop tents, setting up chairs and tables, and setting up the jumps in the Hunter arena. The majority of the help is needed from 4-8pm on Friday but we arrive at the showgrounds around noon and there is plenty to do from about 1:00pm on.
- Dinner Crew. Saturday evening from 4-7pm. Volunteers are needed to help with dinner set up, beverage sales, and running the Costume Class and the Gambler’s Choice Trails Challenge. Super fun times!
- Tear Down Crew. At the end of two days of competition, we are EXHAUSTED. And then we have to pack up and go home. Anyone who is willing to come in with fresh legs and help with tearing down and packing up is SO appreciated. Sunday from 4-6pm.
If you’re ready to volunteer, please fill out and submit your information using the handy form to your right! Thank you in advance for making the 2018 show a success!